Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Pineapple Trick

I went to Kroger this morning and I noticed their pineapple is on sale. I really love the taste of pineapple but I don't like the inconsistency taste of pineapple. My hubby always complains about how different parts of the pineapple tasted different. So finally, I found out the reason why after eating pineapple for some years.
The reason why different parts of the same pineapple taste different is the way that a pineapple sits.  Since a pineapple cannot sit on its leaves,  all the sugar will settle to the bottom.  So one way to solve this problem is to place the pineapple upside down in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before you cut it.  It will help even out the sugar in the pineapple.  I have to do this test myself ,  I guess it is working!



How about picking the juicy sweet pineapple from the grocery store? You pick it by picking out one of the center leaves on the top.  If it comes out easy, it is ripe.  And of course, check the bottom of the pineapple to make sure it does not have moldy spots.  That will indicate the pineapple is over ripe.

The benefits of Pineapple:


Pineapple is loaded with calcium, potassium, a lot of fiber and vitamin C. The magnesium in Pineapple can also help in bone growth.  It is great for women who are at risk for osteoporosis.  
One thing I do a lot is having pineapple as my dinner. It helps a lot with my digestive system especially when I get plugged up by the protein drinks.  I know a lot of people can eat up to one pineapple by themselves. 
I remember I did that a lot when I was in Hawaii and Thailand because their Pineapples are soooooo good and sweet.  I want to make an important note here: Do not eat more than 1 cup of pineapple a day. 
1 cup of pineapple contains 14 - 17grams of sugar which equals to 74 calories. Even though the sugar in pineapple is all natural, we are still not supposed to eat that much sugar in a day. That is why some people are wondering why they can't lose weight by eating pineapple for the entire day.  Our goal is to eat less than 40 grams of  sugar per day. If I want to lose weight, I will consume less than 20 grams a day.  
Here is a helpful website about surprising sugar content in some of our favorite fruits Check this out, it will shock you!


No comments:

Post a Comment