No-Waste Leftover Turkey Casserole
1 lb leftover Turkey (cut up in small pieces)
1 package (6.2 oz) fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
(you can also cook your own rice in a rice cooker)
1 can (10.75 oz) condense low sodium tomato soup
1/4 cup of skim milk (or low fat)
1/4 tsp pepper
Some Sea Salt for taste
1 cup frozen broccoli (cut up in small pieces)
1/4 cup of black olives (cut up in small pieces)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4oz)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 2-quart casserole with non-fat cooking spray.
- Prepare rice per instruction.
- Cook the frozen broccoli in a small pot of hot water until soft. Drain all the water and cut into pieces.
- Mix cooked rice, drained broccoli, leftover Turkey, condense tomato soup, milk, pepper, black olive in the casserole and finally add Sea Salt to taste.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This is a pretty healthy recipe as long as you limit the sodium. The black olives give a special kick to the casserole. I think this is the best way to use our dry Turkey after the Thanksgiving. If you use the Turkey for sandwich, it will still be dry and chewy.