Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

Here is another day that I failed with my diet.

Yesterday I just got a great recipe for beef stews so I started making it while my kids were in the Faith Formation with my hubby.  It took me about an hour to simmer the beef stews and they turned out to be very tasty.  In addition to that, I also cooked some rice so that the sauce from the beef stews could mix in it.

When I started serving the beef stews to my family, I also started to cheat. I decided to taste the beef stews.  Once I started, I could not stop myself from eating. Since the beef stews were so tasty, I needed some rice to go with them.  So there I go again,  eating and eating non-stop.  I probably ate 1.5 bowl of rice with a lot of beef stews.  My family loved the beef stews but they didn't eat quite as much as I did. I guess I was so craving for beef.  I couldn't help myself.
I guess it is okay. I will eat less today and try to balance the whole week out. 
My only concern now is Saturday dinner. My hubby and I are planning on eating out at Cristina's for dinner. I will probably eat their steak fajitas which are perfectly marinated with the best spices every time I go there.  I will not eat today. I will drink a lot of liquid to make up for the salty dinner that I had yesterday.

On a lighter note, I want to share two great breakfast recipes that I did over the last few days.
The first one is my favorite "Spicy Oatmeal". I know it sounds strange but people in Hong Kong do eat their Oatmeal by adding salt or beef to it.  It is like porridge but this is a fat burning, healthy oatmeal that tasted like porridge and loaded with fiber.


Spicy Oatmeal recipe (1 serving): 
1/2 cup of oatmeal (not instant)
1 medium bowl of water
A few organic cilantros
1 tablespoon of Ceyanne Pepper (add more if you like spicy food)
A few organic chinese green onions (cut into small pieces)
1/4 teaspoon of salt & 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of chicken or vegetable bouillon

1. Boil water until it bubbles up, then put all the ingredients except for the cilantros in the pot.
2. Stir until all ingredients are mixed in.
3. Put Cilantros on top of the hot oatmeal and serve!

You may notice that I am using organic for all the vegetables that I put in my oatmeal.  The reason for that is I only use organic for food that do not have shells or skin.  In other words, I do not want to eat any fertilizers and get poison everyday.  One organic fruit that I highly recommend is strawberry.  For some reason, they taste better and sweeter.  I just don't understand why.

I like this recipe because of how filling it is.  You will feel full for your entire morning if you eat one bowl of this spicy oatmeal.  In addition to that, Ceyanne pepper is known to be fat burning.  The more you eat, the more fat you will be able to burn. And of course, if you have peptic ulcer or frequent heart burn, I will not recommend you to eat too much spicy food such as the ceyanne pepper.

This is the Chicken Flavor Bouillon that I use.  Please go easy on that.  It gives extra flavor to your food but it is not good to add too much sodium to your food.

Add everything when the water turns bubbly.

Organic Green Onion

No comments:

Post a Comment