Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The healthy and unhealthy food that I made this week. : ) & : (

After the Belly Blast, I really feel that I need a break.  So last night I decided to follow the recipe from the #1 New York Times Bestseller, The Pinoeer Woman Cooks recipes from an Accidental Country Girl.
I made the famous Ree Drummond Cinnamon Rolls. Yes, I did it.
I started cooking at 7:30pm and finished at 10:30pm.  I thought I could resist and sweet scent of butter and cinnamon.  And of course, I couldn't. I ended up eating a whole entire 4 x 4 cinnamon roll at 11pm last night!  I still cannot believe it! After I finishing eating, I went on the scale. It was the scariest moment of my life.  I gained 2 pounds right after eating that 4 x 4 cinnamon roll!
After eating that big cinnamon roll, I went right to sleep. I did not exercise at all because I know it is useless at this point. I will have to make it up the next day.

So today, I only drink some diet green tea and I ate a banana earlier in the morning to keep me going.
One thing I found out that really affect my diet is MY SLEEP. If I have less than 7 hours of sleep, I will crave for food.  Bad food.  I am determine not to eat for a day. And just go for my detox again.
It does help. I feel like I have more energy. I clean out my guts.

I think this is about at least 1,000 calories and it added 2 pounds to my body. 

Now here is the good stuff. I also made a healthy dish this week.  This is a real easy recipe and everyone can make it.
I made the mushroom & baby corn soy wrap and they were so delicious and filling.
I used the soy paper that I got from the Chinese grocery.  These soy paper can be stored in the freezer, it is just like the wonton wrap.  When you are ready to make the wrap, you can simply take the soy paper out from the freezer and thaw it  in the refrigerator for a day.
For ingredients, I used the Japanese shitake for my mushroom and baby corn in a can and also to add a little spice to it, I used a little bit of cilantro. 

The instruction is as simple as can be.  I started off with the Swanson Vegetable broth.  Just a little bit will be fine, as long as the mushroom, cilantro and baby corns are being half covered, it should be good. Then just boil the mushroom, cilantro and baby corns (I only used half of a can) until they are soft.  After that, drain the mushroom, cilantro and mini corns and wait for them to cool down a bit.

Then cut the soy wrap to a square shape like 6 x 6 size.  Place the mushroom and baby corns inside the soy wrap and wrap them like how you would have folded an envelope. Notice that you don't have to seal the opening with egg yolk or water.  Just simply tug the opening to the bottom of the wrap.  And have your wrap sat right on top of the opening. It will stay intact after you bake it.  After wrapping all the mushroom and mini corns, you can put them on a greased foil paper on top of a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degree.  Watch the wraps turning brown. Take them out of the oven and don't let them burn. Every oven is different, please make sure that you watch the wraps closely.   Take them out promptly if they look crispy.  My rule of thumb is take them out when you start smelling the good scent of mushroom!
I made about 8 soy wraps out of what ingredients I had on hand.  They were absolutely healthy and delicious. I think  8 wraps is about 500 calories or less.  They made a really good dinner for dieters like me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment